Friday, December 25, 2009

Merry Christmas! - Gingerbread House


Merry Christmas! I hope everyone has had a wonderful day celebrating with family and friends and remembering the true meaning for the season! Thanks to all of you for checking out my blog the last 24 days as I counted down to Christmas with some holiday goodies. Maybe you even tried out some of my recipes for your holiday parties! Today, was not about baking for the blog (although I did make another one of those Peppermint Cakes to take to Christmas at my dad's side tomorrow) but it was about getting to have some fun and decorate a Gingerbread House with my sister!


I bought one of those pre-made Wilton gingerbread kits from Michaels and brought home so my sister, Emily and I could act like we were kids again and get creative. The kit came with the pieces of the gingerbread house already cut and ready to assemble, the icing mix and an assortment of candy to decorate.


Here's a picture of me and Emily with our finished gingerbread masterpiece!


Pictures of our gingerbread making process....





Emily was in charge of piping on most of the icing...she did a pretty good job considering she had never used a piping bag before! Maybe I could use her help as my cake decorating assistant...too bad we live so far away!




The back of our house.


Side view.

Now the question is what to do with the gingerbread house...eat it, keep it as decoration for a few days, or take it to our next Christmas party tomorrow!

1 comment:

  1. Awesome job! What did you do with it? You can actually wrap it in plastic (loosely of course) and save it for next year. They can last almost forever.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails