Sunday, November 21, 2010

Pumpkin Pecan Chocolate Chip Pie

Only 4 more days until the big turkey feast, are you ready? I can't wait for turkey, potatoes, stuffing, veggies and of course the pies! Thanksgiving may just be my favorite meal of the year! So much delicious food and left overs for days! I am craving some dark meat turkey right about now.

We are heading to Clemson, SC this year to spend the holiday with Randolph's family. I'm excited to head back to my college alma mater. It will be a nice change of scenery for a few days and hopefully the air will be a little more crisp and cool than what we have been experiencing here in Mobile. It just doesn't feel like Fall when the temps are in the high 70s. We are looking forward to taking a trip up to the mountains and checking out the vibrant leaves and getting some fresh apple cider. But before I head out of town I want to leave you all with one last pumpkin recipe.

If you are still finalizing your Thanksgiving menu and looking for that perfect pie recipe, I think I've come up with one that you will enjoy! Take the traditional pumpkin pie to the next level by adding a chocolate chip, pecan and brown sugar topping! Your guests are sure to love a slice of this pie!

Pumpkin Pecan Chocolate Chip Pie

Ingredients:
-3/4 cup sugar
-1/2 tsp salt
-2 tsp cinnamon
-2 large eggs
-1 can (15 oz) Libby's 100% Pure Pumpkin
-1 can (12 oz) evaporated milk
-1 unbaked 9-inch deep-dish pie shell

Pecan Chocolate Chip Topping

Ingredients: (mix all together and set aside)
-1 cup chopped pecans
-1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chip
-1/4 cup light brown sugar
-2 Tbsp melted butter

  • Mix sugar, salt and cinnamon in small bowl.
  • Beat eggs in large bowl.
  • Stir in pumpkin and sugar-spice mixture.
  • Gradually stir in evaporated milk.
  • Pour mixture into pie shell.
  • Bake in preheated 425 degree oven for 15 minutes. Reduce temperature to 350 degrees and bake 40 minutes.
  • Remove pie from oven and add Pecan Chocolate Chip topping. Bake an additional 10 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out clean.
  • Cool on wire rack.
What are your plans for Thanksgiving this year? Does your family have a favorite pie?

3 comments:

  1. This looks absolutely amazing! I really hope you enjoy your vacation. It's so hard to get in the holiday spirit with this weather! I'm going to Ohio to spend time with family in early December so I'm excited about some cooler weather. Maybe we can try your recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The filling looks so lush and delicious. I hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving celebration. It's obviously very important for those in the USA!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you've convinced me! I'm not a big fan of pumpin pie but i love this one! Look at it it's beautiful and it sounds fantastic.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails