Friday, December 17, 2010

Cupcake a Week: Gingerbread & Candy Cane Fondant Toppers

TGIF! It has been a CRAZY week in my kitchen and I am wiped out! My kitchen aid mixer has been running non stop this week...whipping up cupcake batters, sugar cookie dough, buttercream and royal icing. My mixer is definitely the one kitchen appliance I can not live without and I was so grateful to have it after this week of baking! I cranked out 250 decorated sugar cookies, 100 cupcakes and 140 cake pops in just 2 days for a big event that was last night! The event was a lot of fun and a huge success and I'm looking forward to sharing with you all the photos soon!

Here's a sneak peak at the cupcakes I made for the event! If you are looking for a simple way to spruce up some cupcakes for your next holiday party all you need is some fondant and small cookie cutters! By using some red and brown fondant I created these adorable cupcake toppers in the shape of gingerbread men and candy canes! You could also do trees, ornaments, bells, holly leaves or snowmen and switch up the colors too. I love how clean and simple the decorations turned out.

I can't believe this is the last weekend before Christmas! Randolph and I are headed to a "tacky sweater" Christmas party tomorrow night! I've been looking forward to this all week, what a fun idea for a party! I found some hilarious sweater vests to wear all decked out in snowmen, mittens and sequins. I'll be sure to post some photos of us in our festive holiday attire! I've already been joking around that we might just wear these sweaters when we head up to KY next week to see my family for Christmas!

Have a wonderful weekend!

3 comments:

  1. haha thats really funny, my highschool is doing an 'ugly sweater stomp' tonight. It seems the funky sweaters are a big party theme this year, huh?

    I love the fondant creatures, they're such a simple idea for gorgeous decorations. If I knew how to make fondant I would make those cuties in a heart beat!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is some serious baking! Can't wait to see the photos. As for these cute cupcakes - they are perfect for Christmas! I must experiment with fondant one of these days.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! You have been busy - maybe you need to let that mixer take a break (and yourself too!). These look fantastic - great design.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails