Friday, December 31, 2010

Cupcake a Week: Pink Monograms & Top 10 of 2010

Well it's officially my last "Cupcake a Week" post for 2010. I can't believe I have posted 52 weeks of cupcakes this year...and probably have gained about 10 pounds because of it too! In case you haven't been around all year, here are my Top 10 of 2010...Lemon Blueberry, Neapolitan, Jammin' Strawberry & Chocolate, Caramel Apple, Spooky Spiders, Sprinkles Inspired, Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Cones, Hamburgers, Pumpkin Cupcake Skewers, and Red Velvet Cones. I hope you all have enjoyed my cupcake recipes and decorating ideas and have found inspiration for your own cupcake baking!

This last batch of cupcakes is super special because they were made for my cousin Suzi in celebration of her brand new baby girl Hannah Elisabeth born on Dec 23rd. You all may remember the Cute as a Button baby shower I hosted for Suzi back in November. Well the precious little girl has arrived.

So in honor of little Hannah my last cupcake post for the year are some pretty pink cupcakes with royal icing & nonpareil "H" monograms. And since she is so cute I thought I would share some pictures with you.

Meet Hannah Elisabeth...

1 day old at the hospital in her Christmas hat. So sweet!

1 week old with eyes wide open! Pretty in pink!

Lounging on daddy's legs.

The proud parents! What a beautiful family! Congratulations Suzi & Tony, Hannah is adorable! I know she will bring you bundles of joy in the New Year!

Happy New Year to all! Looking forward to more sweets in 2011!

4 comments:

  1. I love your Top 10 Round up! And I bet everyone loved these little cakes. How gorgeous is she! Congrats to Suzi. One question though, what did you make the H out of? It's very effective. I know it's sprinkles but what are they stuck to?

    Happy New Year! I look forward to seeing more cupcakes and treats throughout the year. Those alleged 10lbs are worth it ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brittany -
    Thanks for your sweet comment! The "H" is made out of royal icing that I piped onto a piece of wax paper and then immediately added the white nonpareils to. Once the "H" dried after several hours I transferred it to the top of the cupcake.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! I just googled "baby girl cupcakes" and your site came up. I'm curious as to what tip you used for these? Super cute cupcakes! Thank you for the help!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Jessica:
    I believe it was time 1M that I used for the ruffle icing!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails