Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Brownie Oreo Cheesecake Bars

As you all know 2010 was the year of the cupcake, at least on my blog it was! I can't believe I got wrapped up in those sweet little cakes that I didn't have a single post devoted to cheesecake. Well the wait is over and today I'm excited to share with you my oh so yummy Brownie Oreo Cheesecake Bars. I thought I would take a walk on the wild side and combine brownies and cheesecake into one dessert with a few Oreos (only the greatest cookie invented) mixed in the middle. The result is a creamy and chocolately bite of heaven, with a little cookie crunch! I took these to a football party last night for the BCS College Championship game and everyone devoured them! If you have a pack of Oreos in your pantry right now I highly recommend you give this recipe a try.

I love the layered look to this bar. I'm already envisioning even more flavor combinations. Turtle cheesecake, strawberry or raspberry cheesecake or even a chocolate marble cheesecake would all be fabulous with the brownie base.

Brownie Oreo Cheesecake Bars (30 servings)

For the Brownie Batter:
-2 sticks unsalted butter, room temperature
-3 oz milk chocolate chips
-3 oz bittersweet chocolate chips
-1 1/2 cups sugar
-2 eggs
-1 tsp vanilla
-1/4 tsp salt
-1 cup flour
-1 tsp baking powder

  • Line a 9 x 13 pan with aluminum foil. Spray with cooking spray.
  • In microwave safe bowl melt butter and chocolate about 1 - 2 minutes and stir to combine.
  • Add sugar, eggs, vanilla and salt to chocolate mixture and stir.
  • Whisk in flour and baking powder.
  • Spread brownie batter evenly in prepared pan.
For the Oreo Cheesecake batter:
-2 8 oz packages of cream cheese, softened
-1/2 cup sugar
-2 eggs
-1 tsp vanilla
-20 Oreo sandwich cookies, chopped

  • Combine cream cheese and sugar in medium bowl and cream with electric mixer.
  • Mix in vanilla and eggs.
  • Stir in chopped Oreos.
  • Spread cream cheese batter over top of brownie batter.
  • Bake at 350 degrees for 40 minutes. Cool on wire rack.
  • Refrigerate 2-3 hours or until ready to serve.
Hope you enjoy these as much as I did. I'm off to the fridge to grab another one for a bedtime snack! It's only my 3rd one today, don't tell!

11 comments:

  1. Well understandbly cupcakes are delicious...but this brownie cheesecake looks dreamy! I love the layers too..and oreos in it..that's just so smart

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow... these bars look insanely delicious! This dessert is more indulgent than what I tend to make, but I'm saving the recipe for a special occasion ;).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow.... I am making these TODAY!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahh, this looks incredible!! :D Cheesecake AND a brownie? I have to try this!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lauren, this looks great! Yum and I love the layered look as well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. My three favorite desserts in one... I love this!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yummy! They are my favorites. I will try them now.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ok, I made these and they are Ah-mazing! My DD was mad that I used all of the oreos until she tasted the brownie! Thanks so much for the recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I almost didn't comment. I almost threw my computer onto the floor and ran to make these. But I don't have oreos. It will have to wait. And now I have time to tell you how delicious these look!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails