Sunday, July 24, 2011

White Wedding Dessert Table


This past weekend two of my great friends Katie & Derek got married! I was honored when Katie asked me to create a dessert table for her special day. Her vision was to have a small cake, cupcakes and sugar cookies. She wanted to keep things clean and simple, with white being the focal color and a hint of green to accent. I love the Save the Date invites they sent out with the bicycle built for two! Katie and Derek first met a few years ago while training for a triathlon, so this announcement was so fitting for their special occasion.

Keeping with the white theme, I decorated sugar cookies using 3 types of white sprinkles: nonpareils, sugar crystals and pearls.

To add a touch of green I made some "mr. & mrs." cookies especially for the bride and groom.

Of course I had to create a few bicycle cookies to match their Save the Date!

Here are a few other special cookies I made only for the bride and groom so they could enjoy while honeymooning.


Katie's wanted to have a small cake for them to cut, inspired by i am baker's rose cake. I had so much fine trying this decorating technique using tip 1M.

The inside of the cake was yellow with chocolate icing in between the layers...the bride's favorite!

To match the cake, all the cupcakes were decorated with a rose on top. The cupcakes were all carrot cake.

Here's how everything came together on the dessert table. The bride's grandmother also made her signature almond pound cakes with a family recipe. And hiding under the dessert table are all the extra cupcakes and cookies to be refilled throughout the reception!






I just loved Katie's expression when she first saw the dessert table! I am thrilled that she was so happy with how everything turned out!

The look we were going for was similar to Amy Atlas' signature white dessert table.


Time to cut the cake...



Congratulations Katie & Derek! I wish you a lifetime of happiness! Thanks for asking me to be part of your special day!

4 comments:

  1. Just love the white-on-white theme for the dessert table! Very elegant and refined. Lovely rose cake and cupcakes, and those whimsical frosted cookies are so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lauren! It was AMAZING!!! We cannot thank you enough for how beautiful and perfect everything was!! We enjoyed our sugar cookies on the flights and our honeymoon as a night time treat!!! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks SOOO great! I love the special bike cookies and the pretty rose icing decorations...Seriously gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOOKS GORGEOUS!! what icing did you use on your cupcakes and cakes to make it so white???

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails