Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Sugar Cookie Disaster + Minnie Mouse

Baking these days seems to be all about cookies in my kitchen! I've made my sugar cookie recipe a million times and have it memorized...however with this batch of cookies (well actually the 2 batches prior to the ones pictured above) something just wasn't right and I couldn't figure it out for the life of me. So get ready for a good laugh...as I am blaming this sugar cookie disaster on my "pregnancy brain" and being forgetful and clumsy these days!

So I started off making sugar cookies like I always do...I beat the butter and sugar as normal, added the eggs, vanilla and dry ingredients and realized the batter was a little on the sticky side. Telling myself it was because I used a different brand of butter this time around I proceeded to roll and cut my cookies. I put the cookies in the oven to bake, however the cookies were not getting done and I had to add an additional 5-6 minutes to the normal baking time. Still just blaming this out of the ordinary baking experience on using a different brand of butter. Then as the cookies continue to take forever to bake they are spreading out into unrecognizable blobs and no longer Minnie Mouse ears. Still I'm blaming the butter and have no clue what is going on with my recipe. So what do I do, proceed to make a second batch of cookies...and still I get the same results...baffled at what is going on. It was not until I was pulling the last pan of cookies from the second batch out of the oven that it dawns on me...I only used 2 cups of flour instead of 3 cups! I couldn't believe I had just spent an hour baking and had made such a stupid mistake!

I laughed it off, took a little break and then proceeded to remake 2 batches of cookies with the proper ingredient amounts and came out with these super cute Minne Mouse ears! I will now forever remember that I need 3 cups of flour in my sugar cookie recipe!

What kind of baking disasters have you had lately in your kitchen!

1 comment:

  1. It's a shame you lost the first batch, but the second looks like it worked perfectly. This is my first visit to your blog, so I took some time to browse through your earlier entries. I'm so glad I did that. I really like the food and recipes you share with your readers and I'll definitely be back. I hope you have a great day. Blessings...Mary

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails